If you do not agree with this Privacy Statement please do not use this Site.
What personal information do we collect and how do we use it?
The Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) places restrictions on the processing of personal data by a data controller. A list of the key definitions is attached below.
The Charity processes your Personal Data for the purposes set out below. We collect personal information from you when you communicate with us using any media or in person and when you use the Site. We may also collect Personal Data which relates to you from third parties.
The Charity shall process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- administering the Site and keeping you informed about the activities of the Charity;
- consideration of any application for a grant or bursary from the Charity, including investigation to establish that the criteria for an award are met, whether it relates to you personally, the person on whose behalf you are applying or your organisation;
- administering the activities of the Charity;
- achieving the charitable objectives of the Charity;
- administering postings on any of the Charity’s noticeboards and associated activities including monitoring your use of the noticeboards;
- transferring your Personal Data to other organisations connected with the grant and bursary award process;
- disclosure of information to responsible authorities if the Charity reasonably believes that criminal activity is taking place or it believes that an individual or a group of individuals are at risk of harm;
- fundraising; and
- undertaking the marketing of the Charity’s aims, which may include marketing to you using telephone, facsimile and electronic mail services.
Should you develop a relationship with the Charity in relation to activities other than those provided through the Site, the Charity may issue you with a supplementary statement explaining further processing which it undertakes in relation to your personal data.
By submitting an application to the Charity or by registering with the Charity’s noticeboard(s) you are consenting to our processing your Personal Data for the above purposes.
If you supply any visual image or sound recording to the Charity, or the Charity obtains such image or recording by other means, this image or recording may be used for the Charity’s marketing and promotional activities.
If you would prefer that the Charity does not process your Personal Data for the purposes of direct marketing please write to the Charity at email@example.com
The Charity will also collect information to perform anonymised, statistical analysis of your interaction with the Site.
Sensitive Personal Data
The Charity collects Sensitive Personal Data, as defined by the Act, only if permitted to do so by the Act. By providing any Sensitive Personal Data to the Charity via the Site you consent for such Sensitive Personal Data to be Processed for the purposes set out above.
The Charity continues to process your Personal Data following:
- a decision being made on awards and bursaries; and/or
- sending you any information requested by you.
Only information collected by cookies as specified below is automatically collected from users of the Site. In the event that we do collect any Personal Data about visitors to the Site it is available only to the Charity.
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to the Site. This can include using a “cookie”, pieces of information that are transferred to an individual user’s hard drive for record keeping purposes. At the present time the cookie stores any information which you enter into the Site, this includes name, address, phone number and email address. It is possible for the Charity to retrieve the information stored in the cookie; however this retrieval is unlikely at the current time.
The cookies function by saving your passwords and site preferences and as a result it is possible to speed up your future activities at the Site and allow the Charity to provide you with information specifically tailored to your interests. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening.
The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings. To modify your browser settings click on the help section of your Internet browser and follow the instructions.
The Site contains links to other websites. The Charity is not responsible for the privacy policies and practices or the content of any websites which are linked to the Site.
The Charity encourages parents and guardians to use the parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers to help supervise their children’s online activities.
Security and confidentiality
Any personal information you send to us will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The Charity is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. The Charity uses a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. For example, the Charity stores the Personal Data you provide in computers with restricted access that are located in controlled facilities.
This Site was last updated on: 9th November 2012.
- In the Act “processing” means obtaining, recording, or holding the information or data or carrying out any operation or set of operations on the information or data, including:
- organisation, adaptation or alteration of the information or data,
- retrieval, consultation or use of the information or data,
- disclosure of the information or data by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, or
- alignment, combination, blocking, erasure or destruction of the information or data.
2. Personal Data
Personal data are:
- any data from which the identity of a living individual can be determined, either by itself or with other data processed by data controller;
- any information such as name and address, email address, telephone number and general contact details, personal data includes images on film (e.g. CCTV images), photographs and telephone voice recordings.
3. Sensitive Personal Data
- Sensitive Personal Data means personal data consisting of information as to:
- the racial or ethnic origin of the data subject;
- the data subject’s political opinion
- the data subject’s religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature;
- whether the data subject is a member of a trade union (within the meaning of the Trade Union and Labour Relations (Consolidation) Act 1992);
- the data subject’s physical or mental health or condition;
- the data subject’s sexual life;
- the commission or alleged commission by the data subject of any offence; or
- any proceedings for any offence committed or alleged to have been committed by the data subject, the disposal of such proceedings or the sentence of any court in such proceedings.