22 April Celebrating The Duke of Edinburgh’s incredible legacy through the DofE
Launch of City Giving Day 2020
This morning saw Mansion House #GoRed once again, as we launched City Giving Day 2020!
Now in it’s 7th year, The Lord Mayor’s Appeal’s goals for this year are bigger than ever and we’re striving to see the 22nd September 2020 take over London and make a huge impact!
Over 200 representatives from organisations across the City and Canary Wharf joined The Lord Mayor, Lady Mayoress, Sheriffs, Alderman and others from the City of London Corporation, to find out more about this annual philanthropy celebrating event.
Hosted by The Lord Mayor, the breakfast included speeches from Samantha Barnwell, Communitiy Affairs Lead at Nomura, and Sally Yiallouros, Operations Manager at EY, who shared their personal City Giving Day experiences and advice.
We’d like to say a big thank you to everyone who attended, and especailly to our speakers and the Activity Champions (listed below) who led the conversations during the roundtable session.
- Juliet Huntington, Arnold & Porter
- Susanna Winter, Baker McKenzie
- Haiming Yuan , Bank of China
- Rachel Butler, Bank of England
- Helen Bunker, Blake Morgan
- Helen Moore, Chartered Insurance Institute
- Anne-Marie Kesselman, City Credit Capital (UK) Ltd
- Byron Spring, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Charlotte Shaw, Euroclear
- Nicola Constantinou, First State Investments
- Sarah Mahomed-Ross, First State Investments
- Razia Nizamuddin, Investec Bank
- Sophie Pullen, Leyton UK
- Mark Fidler, Liberty Specialty Markets
- Alanah Bushnell, Lloyds Banking Group
- Christopher Allen, Metro Bank
- Deborah Masiala, Metro Bank
- Clare McBride, PwC
- Fiona McArthur, Skanska
- Hind Naciri, Standard Chartered Bank
Key dates 2020
- Engagement Breakfast (Mansion House) - Tuesday 12th May
- City Giving Day Webinar - Wednesday 1st April
- Canary Wharf Breakfast - Thursday 2nd April
- Engagement Breakfast – Thursday 2nd July
- Countdown Breakfast – Thursday 3rd September
Sign up for one of our City Giving Day events (all proceeds to The Lord Mayor's Appeal):
- Tour de City or Tour de Wharf Static Wattbike Challenge
- City Walk
- Treasure Hunt
- Quiz Night (choice of venues)
For more information about City Giving Day or any of our City Giving Day events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7332 3177.