The Lord Mayor’s Appeal is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive City where everyone feels able to be theirselves, regardless of background. Our Power of Inclusion forum is where we address diversity and inclusion most acutely, although inclusivity is also at the heart of This is Me, She Can Be… and City Giving Day.
We put out a statement regarding Black Lives Matter, recognising that we must lead by example and actively demonstrate our commitment to anti-racism at every level.
We believe that it is important to keep learning and educating ourselves, and have been exploring some of the resources out there.
Here is a great list of things to read, watch, and listen to. It’s not comprehensive, and there are many more out there, but we hope that this gives you something to think about.
- Here is a detailed Google Doc including things to read and watch on whiteness, racism, police, liberation and more. It is being updated regularly.
- Bustle have written a list of books about race in Britain to add to your anti-racist reading list.
- Here’s 10 documentaries to watch about race from Docplay.
- There are 29 movies, shows, and documentaries to watch to educate yourself on racial injustice here.
- There’s an incredibly detailed anti-racism resource list here, featuring books, articles, films and more, led by Tiffany Bowden, PhD in Diversity and Inclusion.